Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


BREAKING HEADLINES
Monday, July 23, 2007

CANCER TOOK IT ALL......


E

xcept her spirit. And her eye makeup, according to the article... Actually, that's all the words I need to even describe this person. You all know who I am talking about, right?

Well, just in case you don't know who I am writing about... Tammy Faye died the other day.

On Thursday, CNN's Larry King Live aired a pretaped interview with an emaciated, 65-pound Messner, who complained of constant pain and an inability to keep down food. She was unrecognizable but for the darkly made up eyes that were her calling card and the punchline for countless stand-up routines. And yet, raspy voice or no, the frail woman fielding questions from King still sounded like vintage Tammy Faye.

She died the following day. I never actually followed her shows, etc... just always read about her...

"My heart aches for my two children, Jamie Charles and Tammy Sue, who loved their mother dearly," Jim Bakker said in a statement on his Website. "They both told me their mom was so full of life it is hard to believe she is gone."

On Larry King, Messner didn't flinch from the most stark of questions. She said she wanted to be cremated ("I don't want bugs to eat me"), that she felt "a little bit" scared and that she knew exactly where her next stop was.

See ya on the other side Tammy!


Image Hosted by Denny Shane
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

eXTReMe Tracker